Animal, Vegetable, Miracle: A Year of Food Life - Barbara Kingsolver, Steven L. Hopp, Camille Kingsolver, Richard A. Houser Well, this book has thoroughly annoyed me.
I couldn't make it through the snooze-inducing first chapters without putting the book down a number of times, so I decided to borrow the audio version from the library.
Currently on CD 10, I'm finding Kingsolver and her family more and more self-righteous and irritating. (It doesn't help that aside from Kingsolver herself, the other family members have less-than-thrilling reading voices)

I eat organic and local; I try to eat in season; I am an avid environmentalist. Heck, I even compost in my small apartment. But am I good enough? Not for Kingsolver, I'm not.
And in a surprising (at least to me) turn of events, she takes a few digs at vegans and vegetarians, even including rather detailed accounts of turkey killing. She even claims to know an innkeeper who has persuaded 75% of her veggie patrons to eat meat or dairy.

Good for you, Barbara. Now if you'll kindly move along and share your holier-than-though attitude with someone else, I'll be on to my next book.